For Yoav Lurie, an early experience with life and death created a sense of urgency to make an impact. Today, Yoav is the founder and CEO of Simple Energy. Simple Energy is a software as a service that is taking on climate change by changing how millions of people save energy. Their customers save enough energy on a daily basis to power a small city.
In this episode, Yoav describes his startup path from an early sense of justice, through the Techstars accelerator, and several pivots of their business.
Benefit Corporation Podcast
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Simple Energy: http://simpleenergy.com/
- Simple Energy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimpleEnergy
- Yoav Lurie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/yoavlurie
- Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After http://amzn.to/1iITwCQ
- United Nations Conference on Climate Change, COP21, Paris, November 30 through December 5, 2015: http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en
- Techstars: http://www.techstars.com/
- Camp Kesem: http://campkesem.org/
- The Redwoods Group: http://www.redwoodsgroup.com/
- Benefit Corporations: http://www.bcorporation.net/
- Teach for America: https://www.teachforamerica.org/