According to Sunrise Banks’ CEO David Reiling, “The culture of Sunrise Banks is all about mission and innovation.” If you pull his statement apart, you’ll notice three components: culture, mission and innovation. These are the magic ingredients that have allowed Sunrise Banks to be recognized as a “Best for the World” company.
Sunrise Banks has been recognized on many levels for their purpose-driven innovation. They are a certified Benefit Corporation (BCorp). Their parent company was one of the first Minnesota Public Benefit Corporations. And, they are a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), one of only 100 banks in the US.
They focus on underserved communities. More than 60% of Sunrise Banks’ loans are in low to moderate income communities every year. On the other side of the equation, they provide a socially responsible deposit fund. They also have innovative programs for the unbanked and for people who traditionally would be trapped by predatory loan practices.
- Five Key Traits of Successful Social Entrepreneurs: http://tonyloyd.com/socent
- Sunrise Banks: https://www.sunrisebanks.com
- Sunrise Banks’ Socially Responsible Deposit Fund: https://www.sunrisebanks.com/srdf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SunriseBanks
- Sunrise Banks on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SunriseBanks
- David Reiling on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReilingDavid
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SunriseBanks
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/957063
Also Mentioned in this Episode:
- Benefit Corporations (BCorp and B-Lab): https://www.bcorporation.net
- Star Tribune article on Minnesota Public Benefit Corporations: http://www.startribune.com/public-benefit-corporations-a-new-option-for-minnesota-companies-that-do-good/291104881
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_development_financial_institution
- Minnesota Keystone Program: http://www.minneapolischamber.org/pages/MinnesotaKeystone