In today’s episode of Social Entrepreneur, we continue our #TechForGood series. Today we meet Taylor Downs of OpenFn (pronounced open function). OpenFn is the easy way for NGOs to connect all of their technologies in a few clicks. Here’s why that is important.
We know the promise of technology. When we automate routine data jobs:
- We increase the speed of our impact, brining data to near real time.
- We increase data accuracy, reducing data entry errors.
- We reduce costs of people-intensive routine jobs.
- And we can more easily utilize our technology, reducing the need for technical specialists on the job.
We can quickly scale and amplify our impact, especially when our technologies integrate with one another. Technologies work better when they work together.
But of course, systems do not always want to work and play well together. That’s where OpenFn comes in. They support mission-driven organizations to integrate and automate their routine jobs. Here is Taylor from his PopTech presentation:
Resources from our Conversation about Automating #TechForGood:
- OpenFn: https://www.openfn.org/
- Vera Solutions: http://www.verasolutions.org/
- Taylor’s PopTech presentation: https://youtu.be/GVB9voGp6T4
- Culture Shift Learning Academy waiting list: http://tonyloyd.com/assessment
Culture Shift Learning Academy
Soon we will be launching a Beta version of Culture Shift Learning Academy, a comprehensive system to help you flesh out your social impact idea and start achieving it.
Enrollment isn’t open yet, but you can join the waiting list with other changemakers. Just go to http://tonyloyd.com/assessment and enter your email address. As a thank you, I’ll send you the Social Entrepreneur Startup Readiness Assessment. This useful tool is designed to help you to determine where you are on your startup journey and to successfully focus your development efforts.