Our Perfect Guest
Who is the perfect guest on Social Entrepreneur? We tell positive stories from underrepresented voices, focused on solutions. In season two, we are looking for stories of an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future.
Here is who we are looking for as a guest:
- Underrepresented voices such as women entrepreneurs, people of color, Native Americans, LGBTQ voices, and others who don’t normally get the spotlight. The venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton refers to them as the underestimated. We highlight the true hustlers, those who have overcome the most on their journey.
- Are working to solve big problems, tied to sustainable development goals. In the coming season, we are focused on an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future.
- Have a sustainable business model. We give preference to for-profit businesses. We will consider nonprofit businesses who sell a product or service to sustain their impact.
- Are solution-focused. Our Guests are making a lasting difference through direct action. Here’s what we are NOT looking for: Coaches, Consultants, Advocates, or people trying to ameliorate the problems.
In our upcoming season, we are looking for stories of an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future. This can look a lot of ways:
• Electrical generation, energy efficiency, and storage
• Food, including ag, forestry, land use, and fertilizer
• Industry and manufacturing
….or any combination of positive stories from underrepresented voices, focused on solutions that lead to an equitable clean-energy future.
If you are interested in being a guest on Social Entrepreneur or know someone who would be a great guest, please contact us.