Cathy Clark stopped by to talk about CASE Smart Impact Capital, a rich resource to help entrepreneurs to be more efficient and effective in raising investment capital. While she was here, I took the opportunity to ask Cathy about a letter that Larry Fink, CEO of Blackrock, wrote to CEOs. Blackrock manages $6.3 trillion in investments. In this letter, Mr. Fink said,
To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance but also show how it makes a positive contribution to society. Companies must benefit all of their stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, and the communities in which they operate.”
You can read the entire letter here.
I asked Cathy about this letter, and about the dynamic tension that business leaders sense between shareholders and other stakeholders. You can hear her answer to these two questions in this bonus episode. You can hear the full interview with Cathy where she talks about CASE Smart Impact Capital here.
Social Entrepreneurship Resources:
- Cathy Clark’s full interview: https://tonyloyd.com/235
- Larry Fink’s Letter to CEOs: https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-no/investor-relations/larry-fink-ceo-letter
- Cathy Clark on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cathyhc
- CASE Smart Impact Capital: https://casesmartimpact.com
- The Center for Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke University: https://centers.fuqua.duke.edu/case/
- Book: Crazy Good Advice: 10 Lessons Learned from 150 Leading Social Entrepreneurs: https://tonyloyd.com/book