In Plain English
- We don’t track your movements around the internet. That would be creepy.
- We only receive your information if you knowingly give it to us. If you give us your name, email, phone number, it will be because you signed up for something, for example, a newsletter, an ebook, a giveaway or an infographic.
- When you give us your information, we store it in a service called MailChimp. Who knows, someday we might switch services, but if we do, it will be one that protects your privacy just as MailChimp does.
- That means that you can easily unsubscribe from any mailing list at any time. Easy peasy.
OK, if that information does not meet your needs, here is the more legal-like-substance:
Who We Are
TonyLoyd.com, ThriveConnectContribute.com, and CultureShift.com are owned and operated by:
Culture Shift Companies
890 Woodland Drive
Little Canada, MN 55109
For the purpose of this document, “I,” “we,” and “us” refer to Culture Shift Companies.
We are committed to protecting your information and right to privacy with respect to any information we collect from you as a result of communicating or doing business with you.
This statement discusses the types of information we collect about you, how we use it, and the options available to you about how we use that information.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address on our website:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We may choose to use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We may use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Giveaways, Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time, our site requests information via giveaways, surveys or contests. Participation in these giveaways, surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Effective as of May 25, 2018, GDPR is a set of rules governing the protection of personal information about residents of the European Union (EU) and applies to all businesses and organizations that process or store personal data (PD) about EU residents and citizens. As a website that is accessible globally, we voluntarily comply with GDPR regulations.
You have several rights protected by privacy and data protection laws that relate to the information and data that we process about you. Requesting changes is free of charge, and we will do our utmost to respond to your request within 30 days. We will honor your requests as much as the law allows, though there may be some situations in which we are required by law, or legal and contractual reasons, why we cannot address your request in the specific detail as you have submitted. That said, we will do our best. In accordance with GDPR, you may:
- Request access to the personal data we store and process about you
- Request that we correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data about you
- Request deletion of personal data we store about you
- Request certain restrictions on our processing of some or all personal data about you
- Request transfer of personal data to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated
- Opt-out or object to our use of personal data about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests
If you are protected by GPDR and are a customer of Culture Shift Companies, we are authorized on the lawful basis to process and store personal data about you:
“The data subject has given consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.”
By signing up for service, you have expressed interest in our services and given us consent to store and process your personal information.
“Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.”
In order to provide and uphold the service contracts you have entered into with Culture Shift Companies, we must use your personal and billing information in the course of processing invoices and communicate with you about the services you receive from us. This includes third-party billing services.
On May 24, 2018, our founding owner, Tony Loyd, was appointed the Data Protection Officer (DPO). He administers the company’s policies regarding GDPR compliance and related processes that are designed to ensure the safety of your personal data.