How do you reduce your carbon footprint without breaking the bank?
Did you turn on your heat this week? A lot of people in the northern hemisphere either already did, or they will soon. For 12 million homes in the US, that meant burning heating oil or propane, both of which contribute to climate change.
For single family homes, the cost of replacing oil and propane furnaces is unrealistic. According to Bankrate, only 40% of Americans could absorb an unexpected expense of $500 or more. Lots of people want to reduce their carbon footprint, but they don’t have extra money to spend.
That’s where Harmony Fuels comes in. They are the only carbon-neutral provider of home heating fuel in the US. They didn’t invent a new oil or propane. They make it easy for consumers to reduce their carbon footprints by offering carbon offsets. For each gallon of heating oil or propane its customers purchase, Harmony Fuels buys the equivalent number of pounds of carbon offsets from certified green energy projects.
Steven Downey is the president of Harmony Fuels. He admits that carbon offsets are not a silver bullet, but it’s a step in the right direction.
Learn More About Steven Downey and Harmony Fuels:
- Steven Downey on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenjdowney
- Harmony Fuels: https://www.harmonyfuels.com
- Harmony Fuels on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmonyfuels
- Harmony Fuels on Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmonyfuels
- Harmony Fuels on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harmony_fuels